BenniScape Forums
Client download: http://www.mediafire.com/?565sq757qosw6yf
BenniScape Forums
Client download: http://www.mediafire.com/?565sq757qosw6yf
BenniScape Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BENNISCAPE 562 IS ONLINE!

Plane carrying 230 makes emergency landing in Warsaw

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kuaiguonianlo

Plane carrying 230 makes emergency landing in Warsaw Empty
PostSubject: Plane carrying 230 makes emergency landing in Warsaw   Plane carrying 230 makes emergency landing in Warsaw EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:56 am

No one was hurt when a Boeing 767 flying from Newark, New Jersey, with some 230 people on board, made an emergency landing at Warsaw's airport Tuesday after trouble with landing gear.

"All safety procedures worked perfectly fine and, thanks to this, wholesale jerseys nobody was injured," said Leszek Chorzewski, spokesman for the Polish national flag carrier LOT, operator of the plane.

Live television footage showed the Boeing craft landing on its belly, with a few sparks flying as it hit the runway covered with flame retardant foam.
There was no blaze but firefighters hosed the plane with cheap mlb jerseys water and foam seconds after all the passengers were evacuated.

"I thought I would feel like we were hitting the ground violently, but then we felt (the plane) touching the ground and that was it," said one of the plane's passengers, Krzysztof Rozycki.

LOT said the hydraulic system responsible for nfl jerseys cheap operating the wing flaps and the landing gear failed, and a backup system worked only for the flaps -- forcing the emergency landing after the plane had circled for nearly an hour above Warsaw.

Other passengers spoke of fear and total silence jerseys wholesale during the landing. "There were tears, there were tears," said Hubert Waz.

Poland's President Bronislaw Komorowski said he would award state decorations to the crew of the plane after briefly talking on the phone to the pilot.

"To all those involved, I say thank you with all yotoforum my heart," Komorowski told a news conference.

Capitan Lukasz Wrona is a veteran LOT pilot in his 50s, with a passion for gliding which may have helped him to land the plane safely without wheels, local media reported.

The airport was due to remain closed for all cheap nfl jerseys other flights until at least Wednesday morning as LOT conferred with Boeing on how best to remove the craft from the runway, officials said.

Poland was shocked by an air catastrophe in April 2010, when a government plane carrying president Lech Kaczynski and 95 others, mostly senior state officials, crashed while trying to land in thick fog in western Russia, killing all on board.
http://allforfun.canadaboard.net/t36-plane-carrying-230-makes-emergency-landing-in-warsaw
Back to top Go down

Plane carrying 230 makes emergency landing in Warsaw
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BenniScape Forums :: Forum :: Your Jokes-
Jump to: